The aim of the course is to examine the workplace within the framework of a system between the physical environment (e.g. the open plan office, the part-time worker, the virtual team), and the people who make that system work.
Aspects of the physical environment - found in most offices - which interfere with human information processing, are explored. Issues in diversity – how we each see the tasks ahead, and why we might see them differently, are discussed.
Finally we use this knowledge to explore managing differences, through physical (or system) change, and interpersonal change and culture, to build resilient and flexible individuals and teams.
- The human in the system: humans as the flexibility in the system and the consequences on physical and emotional health
- Diversity: we are all different. How does that effect our workplace behaviour?
You will examine workplace behaviours based on diversity, and identify sources of conflict and potential remedial strategies
- Work space and performance: how does the workspace effect performance? What are advantages and disadvantages of remote working? Are there more advantages for certain sections of the workforce?
After taking this course you will be able to:
- Recognise some of the psychological factors which can make the difference between success and failure in the workplace
- Evaluate potential pressure points in the work system (for you, or your organisation) and have some techniques to deal with them effectively
- Identify the effects of the physical workspace on performance, including remote working
Attending Your Course
Further details will be emailed to you two weeks ahead of your course, this will include registration information and an overview of the course timetable.
Please get in touch if you have not received this information within five working days of the course start date.
In the meantime, you may wish to plan your travel: Travel information