Oxford University’s Department for Continuing Education welcomes students of all ages and backgrounds, from anywhere in the world. We offer a wide range of adult education courses: from day events, weekly classes and summer schools to part-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Find out more about the different course types below, or view all upcoming courses.
Open-access short courses
- Day and weekend events run in person or online, with some offered in both formats. Explore a topic in depth over one or two days with multiple speakers or hone your skills in small workshops and hands-on practical sessions.
- Weekly learning programmes are studied over one or two terms. These include courses that meet in Oxford, online courses with live-time sessions, and flexible online courses. Most of these courses are taught at undergraduate level, require coursework and may be studied for credit.
- Lecture series are a series of six weekly lectures on a given topic, providing a comprehensive introduction to your chosen subject. All can be enjoyed online via a livestream, most can be attended in person in Oxford.
Oxford qualifications and professional development
- Undergraduate award courses (certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas) are equivalent to, or taught at, first, second and third-year undergraduate level. Some have online study options and two are taught entirely online.
- Postgraduate programmes (certificates, diplomas, master's degrees and DPhils) are a great way to continue your studies and further your knowledge, progress in your career, or learn for personal enrichment. Some are taught mostly online, some are formed of short residencies in Oxford.
- Professional development programmes (CPD) include short courses and Oxford qualifications and are geared toward working professionals in many fields, including the health and medical sciences, technology, business, environment and sustainability.
Join us for a study holiday in Oxford – for personal enrichment, academic progression or professional development. Many summer schools can be taken for credit, while others require no coursework and are non-assessed.
Find a course for you
Our search tool allows you to search and filter based on your own preferences.
- Tue 03 Oct 2023 – Tue 05 Dec 2023
- 10 meetings
- 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Wed 04 Oct 2023 – Wed 06 Dec 2023
- 10 meetings
- 7:00 – 9:00pm
- Sat 07 Oct 2023
- 9:45am – 5:00pm
- Sun 08 Oct 2023
- 9:15am – 5:15pm
- Mon 09 Oct 2023
- 10:00am – 4:00pm
We hold open events and info sessions for a number of our award-bearing programmes. Each session is free and all are invited to attend.
Continuing Education news
To be kept updated about lifelong learning with Oxford, including course updates, open events, research, and more, sign up to our email mailing list.