Gift a course
Give the gift of learning
Inspire your loved ones with a Continuing Education course at Oxford University.
Whether you are buying for the person who has everything, or for someone who loves learning, a Continuing Education course is a meaningful gift that has the potential to spark a new passion, develop skills or even change a career!
Most of the courses in the categories listed below can be purchased for a friend or family member and you can even register yourself for the course at the same time!
- Day and weekend events
- Weekly learning programmes
- Lecture series
- Oxford Experience summer schools
- Inspiring Oxford summer schools
Our in-person day and weekend events and lecture series include tea and coffee in the course fee and, depending on the course type, you can book your friend on to lunch, dinner or both!
How to book
To book a course for someone other than yourself just follow these simple steps:
- Add the course(s) to your basket by selecting 'book now' on the course page.*
- Select the number of participants if you are booking the course for more than one person.
- Add any extras to your basket (for example lunch for day and weekend events, or CATS points for weekly and short online courses).
- Go to the checkout.
- Create an account or login if you already have one.
- Under 'Participant', select 'Other' and fill in the recipient's name and email address (if you are also attending the course remember to fill in your details as well).
- Enter your payment details when prompted.
- The recipient will then receive an email detailing the course along with a link to some follow up questions.
The recipient will receive an email notifying them of the course as soon as payment is made. If you don't want them to know you have enrolled them on to a course until a specific date we recommend that you enter your email address instead during step 6 as outlined above. You can then forward them the email on a day of your choosing!
If you have any questions about how to buy a course for a friend, please submit an enquiry or contact us on +44 (0)1865 270360 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If the course does not have a 'Book now' option it is not available to be purchased on behalf of someone else. Any course that states 'Apply' must be applied for by the person enrolling on the course.