We believe in the transformative effect of lifelong learning and the Friends of Lifelong Learning play a key role in supporting this at Oxford.
Lifelong learning at the University is funded primarily by course fees and donations so the support of the Friends helps to provide library resources, student bursaries and maintain facilities.
Aims of the Friends
- To provide financial support to students who would otherwise be unable to participate.
- To support academic activities, such as lecture series, events and the development of new courses.
- To offer input on future directions for lifelong learning at the University, including course development.
As a Friend you become part of the lifelong learning community in Oxford. You receive:
- A 10% discount on tuition fees for day and weekend events (excluding Continuing Professional Development courses).
A 10% discount on course fees for the online Weekly Oxford Worldwide courses. *
- Invitations to social and academic events and activities.
- For Friends not currently registered on a departmental course, an opportunity to become a member of the Department for Continuing Education library for only £10 per year.
- Discounted rates on accommodation and breakfast at Rewley House, the department's three-star facility in central Oxford (subject to availability).
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, currently we are unable to offer the full range of membership benefits. We thank all members for their understanding and ongoing support.
* Currently for the 2021-22 academic year and subject to review.
Annual membership - £35 per year.
For more than 140 years the University of Oxford has been providing adult learners with the opportunity to study. The mission of the Department for Continuing Education is to give more people access to Oxford learning by the provision of part-time and other flexible modes of education.
We are committed to extending the benefits of Oxford's research and scholarship beyond the full-time student body and provide a stimulating environment to nurture the life of the mind, by providing tutors and teaching resources dedicated to the needs of adult learners.