Artificial Intelligence Demystified: Opportunities and Value in Your Business is a five-part series that sets out to demystify artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
It is for business managers and those who want a practical, business oriented introduction to AI and ML, to help unlock value from this powerful, emerging technology.
The course takes a 'vertical slice' approach, from strategy to implementation, helping you understand the threats and opportunities at a strategic level and how they relate to your business.
The course will show you how to find the specific opportunities and applications for AI/ML in your business by asking:
- What is AI/ML good at and what can it be used for?
- How can you match those capabilities to the needs of your business?
- What could your business be doing in the future that it is not doing now by leveraging the power of AI/ML?
- What new areas of business might be open to you?
- What are the factors that would allow you to build a competitive advantage for your business using this technology?
You will be shown how to approach the task of finding the best opportunities within your business to leverage AI/ML, with the latter part of the course focusing on real applications.
- Have you ever wondered what AI 'is'?
- What does it look like in practice? How is AI/ML created?
- How does it differ from traditional software programming?
Our tutor Dr Rob Collins in a screen-shot from a recent session of the AI Demystified Online course
Dates, Times and Delivery
This course will be delivered live, from our purpose-built broadcast studio, with opportunities to ask questions during the sessions, as well as via the online collaboration environment throughout the course.
There will be five 90-minute sessions, delivered from 12:30 - 14:00 (UK time), with sessions taking place on:
- Monday 18 March
- Tuesday 19 March
- Wednesday 20 March
- Thursday 21 March
- Friday 22 March
All times listed are UK times. A world clock and time zone converter can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bSPu6D
This is a ‘virtual classroom’ course. To replicate the experience of a classroom, the sessions are ‘live’ and are not recorded.
No attendance at Oxford is required and you do not need to purchase any software.
Accessing Your Online Course
Details about accessing the private MS Teams course site will be emailed to you during the week prior to the course commencing.
Please get in touch if you have not received this information within three working days of the course start date.