Modules and short courses in Evidence-Based Health Care
Any of our programme modules can be taken as stand-alone short courses for professional development, with the choice of stuyding for academic credit. Our short courses are also a perfect way to get a taste of the award programmes we offer.
Why study with us
Our modules and short courses are taught by leading researchers and educators in the field of evidence-based health care.
The majority of modules are taught through blended learning (online learning with an intensive residential taught week in Oxford) however some modules are taught entirely online.
Classes are typically international and students are encouraged to reflect on differences in professional practices. Students also interact before and after the residential week through discussion forums and online activities. Students also have access to our online library of resources.
Modules and short courses can be taken:
- Independently for professional training (alongside MSc, Diploma and Certificate students)
- For academic credit, transferrable to other institutions (CATS points)
- As a 'taster' for the Master's degree (and may count towards it if you enrol in the future)
Check the specific course pages for which modules are included in each award programme.
These run over an eight week cycle:
- first week is spent working on introductory activities using a Virtual Learning Environment
- second week is spent in Oxford for the face to face teaching week (this takes place on the dates advertised)
- four weeks of post-Oxford activities (delivered through the VLE) which are designed to help you write your assignment.
- one week of personal study and you will be required to submit your assignment electronically the following week (usually on a Tuesday at 14:00 UK Local Time).
These are delivered entirely through a Virtual Learning Environment:
- first week is allocated to introductory activities.
- followed by eight units to work through which are released week by week (starting on the dates advertised)
- five weeks of personal study with use of a revision forum and then you will be required to submit your assignment electronically the following week (usually on a Tuesday at 14:00 UK Local Time).
Modules that are fully online are:
- Mon 06 Jun 2022 – 10 Jun 2022
- Mon 13 Jun 2022 – 17 Jun 2022
- Mon 27 Jun 2022 – 01 Jul 2022
- Mon 04 Jul 2022 – 08 Jul 2022
- Mon 12 Sep 2022 – 16 Sep 2022
Evidence-based health care
+44 (0)1865 286943