Flexible postgraduate courses
In partnership with the Department of Paediatrics
Students are encouraged to develop an understanding of the principles underpinning infection, and to translate this into good clinical and research practice. The programme directs students through the syllabus required in the European Union for clinical training in paediatric infectious diseases, and is also appropriate for those outside the EU.
- Two-year Postgraduate Diploma, offered part-time, tutored online and with residential training
- One-year MSc project and dissertation offered part-time, building on the Postgraduate Diploma
- For trainees in paediatrics, specialist trainees in paediatric infectious diseases and clinical research fellows
- Taught by an international panel of tutors under Professor Andrew Pollard (Department of Paediatrics)
- Supported by the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases, the Paediatric European Network for Treatment of AIDS, and the Oxford Infection and Immunity in Children Course
"The course has provided me with a framework of how to approach clinical problems and the importance of evidence-based medicine. It has enriched my clinical experience whilst working as a trainee in Paediatric Infectious Diseases."
Year 1 Postgraduate Diploma student