A world clock, and time zone converter can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bSPu6D
Introductory Session - Monday 28 June 3pm-4.30pm
Module 1: How children learn - Monday 05 July 3pm-4.30pm
- Compare different theories of stages of development and learning
- Consider ways in which to create ideal conditions for effective learning
- Adapt support to stages of development and encourage autonomy.
Module 2: Speaking - Thursday 08 July 3pm-4.30pm
- Differentiate between controlled practice and speaking
- Identify practical stages that help make speaking activities enjoyable
- Analyse the effects of teacher feedback on YLs’ ability to speak
Module 3: Reading - Monday 12 July 3pm-4.30pm
- Connect how speaking skills can influence that of reading
- Illustrate the importance of developing necessary conditions for children to be motivated to read
- Explore different levels of reading that the child must develop for reading skills to develop
Module 4: Grammar - Thursday 15 July 3pm-4.30pm
- Consider ways of teaching grammar without abstract notions of grammar
- Explore qualities of an effective grammar activity
- Emphasise ways of exposing YLs to grammar before focusing on conscious learning.
Module 5: Vocabulary - Monday 19 July 3pm-4.30pm
- Focus on assisting receptive skills to enable productive skills
- Illustrate methods that avoid reliance on translation and memorisation
- Develop criteria for effective vocabulary activities.