The day will cover:
- improving effective sentence construction
- developing a style
- identification and correct use of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, prepositions and conjunctions
- the correct use of all punctuation marks
- the use of accurate verb tenses
- avoiding ambiguity.
We will also look briefly at:
- the history of English spelling
- basic spelling patterns
- common problems such as: homophones, prefixes/suffixes, double letters, vowel sounds, silent letters
- useful spelling rules
- memorizing strategies
- techniques for continuing to improve your spelling and confidence with vocabulary over the longer term.