Whether you are new to study or are experiencing a problem with some aspect of essay-writing, this workshop will help you to develop a systematic approach to planning, writing and presenting your assignment.
This session is designed for students new to study but will also be of interest to students experiencing problems with a particular aspect of essay writing or wishing to develop a more systematic approach to planning, writing and presenting their assignment.
We shall discuss common problems and explore ways of:
- interpreting the question;
- producing an essay plan;
- constructing, developing and supporting your argument,
- writing your introduction and conclusion;
- reading critically to improve your writing and editing skills;
- presenting your footnotes and bibliography.
The session will include group and individual exercises to practice the skills discussed. Handouts will be provided for future reference.