This one-day course sets out to de-mystify Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
It is for business managers and those who want a practical, 'business oriented' introduction to AI and ML to help unlock value from this powerful, emerging technology.
The course takes a 'vertical slice' approach - from strategy to implementation - to help you understand the threats and opportunities at a strategic level and shows you how they relate to your business.
The course will show you how to find the specific opportunities and applications for AI/ML in your business.
- What is AI/ML good at?
- What can it be used for?
- How can you match those capabilities to the needs of your business?
- What could your business be doing in the future that it is not doing now by leveraging the power of AI/ML?
- What new areas of business might be open to you?
- What are the factors that would allow you to build a competitive advantage for your business using this technology?
We will demonstrate how to approach the task of finding the best opportunities within your business to leverage AI/ML.
The latter part of the course focuses on real applications.
- Have you ever wondered what AI 'is'?
- What does it look like in practice?
- How is AI/ML created?
- How does it differ from traditional software programming?
Using the techniques of AI/ML shown, you will create 'real' AI/ML models using one of the most popular software tools used in this area.
The 'hands-on' session does not require expertise in programming or software development. However, we will be typing 'real' software code using a popular programming language in this area, 'Python'. This computer language is popular in many sectors because of its ease of learning.
- Design Thinking: A Collection of Methods and Tools for Inventive Problem Solving (1-2 June 2020)
- FinTech for Managers (3 June 2020)
- Artificial Intelligence De-mystified: Opportunities and Value in Your Business (4 June 2020)
- Cyber Security for Managers (5 June 2020)
- Blockchain for Managers (6 June 2020)